August 29, 2013

Sunset: St Ives







St Ives... pretty white cottages glinting in the sunshine, shallow clear waters and some of the best food in Cornwall.

The nicest way to travel here is by train. We left the car at Lelant Saltings, found a seat by a window and soaked up the views towards the atlantic ocean as the train snaked its way along the coastline.

We stopped at Harbour Fish and Chips, and walked towards the sea, guarding our supper from the ever-present seagulls.

St Ives always has the most amazing quality of light, but at sunset it truly is magical.



More from my Cornwall Series:
Godrevy beach
Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens
Padstow vintage rally
Chapel Porth
Kestle Barton and Helford river
Kynance Cove
Sunset: St Ives
Trevone beach


Saturday will be the last of my Cornwall posts... the secret beach at Trevone.



10 comments:

  1. Just posted our travels to st Ives a few days ago. One of my favourite places in the world. Beautiful pictures xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ah yes, it's so lovely there isn't it x

      Delete
  2. Still loving your Cornish series, S xt.Ives is till one of my favourite places even with all the tourists and the sea gulls! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tracey, I've enjoyed writing it! Mine too, the seagulls are terrifying aren't they! x

      Delete
  3. I have loved your Cornwall series, but this has been my favourite. I live in St Ives and love seeing it from another person'sperspective. Beaitiful photos

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! oh, lucky you, what a lovely place to live! x

      Delete
  4. More incredibly beautiful pictures of Cornwall. I have very happy memories of a happy holiday in St. Ives aged 7 ... they all came flooding back looking at these shots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thanks Annie, very kind! so nice to hear x

      Delete
  5. Love St Ives, we have camped near here several times and enjoyed wandering around the town with the kids. Can I ask what camera you use for these shots? Some of them seem to have a wider than standard aspect, do you use a wide format for these ?

    Keep blogging.

    Toby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too (can you tell)! I used our Nikon D80 with an 18-70 lens... hope that helps!

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, it's lovely to hear from you x